To give an introduction to the latest innovations in brachytherapy treatment, with a special focus on brachytherapy techniques in the treatment of breast cancer – both as boost and APBI, and esophageal cancer – both as boost and monotherapy. The workshop is addressing theory and practical solutions in an open and interactive way, and includes live case demonstrations. The faculty consists of highly recognized experts with extensive experience in image-guided brachytherapy and is chaired by Prof. Dr. V. Strnad.
• A visit of the new, state-of-the-art brachytherapy department of the University Hospital and a review of pre-requisites for setting up a brachytherapy service
• Learn brachytherapy techniques and pre-implant considerations in the treatment of esophageal cancer and breast cancer
• Review treatment planning methodologies based on image-guidance
• Review the management of breast cancer and esophageal cancer with brachytherapy
• Live treatment case “How to do interstitial brachytherapy in breast cancer“
• Video case “How to do intracavitary brachytherapy in esophageal cancer“
Nucletron All rights reserved